Monday, April 13

Cupcake Craft Challenge 35 (single layer)


This challenge gave me the hardest time.. I actually had made 3 cards and was not happy with any of them and then with a little encouragement from my friend Sandy made a 4th card and I am happy with it enough to post it. Thanks Sandy!!! Make sure you get over to the Cupcake Craft Challenge blog and check out what the other girls have made this week, all the projects are awesome! After talking with Sandy I realised that I had these cute little Amuse note cards that I could use for the base of my card that had some color and design in it and that is what made me think of this little Chicken and chick from Penny Black. Then I had the perfect sentiment from Elzybell to go with the image. I wanted some doodles around my pic. but I stink at doodles so I hopped on my sewing machine and added some stitches. I made the flower and popped it up on some foam tape. I hope you had a wonderful Easter Weekend!!!
~Stephanie

12 comments:

pinky said...

Know what you mean, would find it hard too! You have done a great job, really like it.
Pinky

The Crafty Den said...

Really cute card Stephanie. I love the image and I have this sentiment too! Hugs, Denise x

Sandy said...

Really cute card, Steph!! Love the doodling and that fun polka dot card base is perfect for this darling image.

Jaspere said...

This is adorable. Not sure I'm into the single layer challenge though. That would be tough.

Terria said...

Oh this is a really cute card I love the colors:)

Anonymous said...

I am with you Stephanie...doodling is hard work...I actually think I ruin my card with the doodle thing...but I ahve not mastered the sewing machine....on cards yet either!

Love this card...nice and simple but everything you need is there!

Carmen said...

I completely understand they are hard to make but this one is definitely a cutie!

Jennie said...

Cute card! Love the stitching you added! Great job! :o)

Chrissy's Creations said...

Very cute! I love the image.

Kruemel said...

What a cute card, Steph! Love the stitching, the colors and this big bright flower!
Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Cheryl Walker said...

Your card turned out very cute!!! also great color combo :)

Wendy said...

I love the chicken! Too cute! The sewing is awesome! :)