Wednesday, February 11

A Brown Skunk???


I was mailing out my Valentine's Day cards and was on my last one and the card just didn't "fit" the person I wanted to send it to so I decided to make a new one. I went to the Daily Dare Blog to see the dares for today and picked 2 that I have not done before. I chose the ABC challenge, today it was the letter A for Anniversary but they said they would take a Valentine's Day card and I also chose The Color Throwdown Challenge, the colors were Kiwi Kiss (I used old olive), Chocolate Chip, and Regal Rose. I love how this card turned out, I have had this High Hopes Stamp for quite sometime now and have never used it. I had to make the little skunk brown so that he would fit in with the colors, I just didn't think black would cut it.. Hope you are having a beautiful day, it is in the 70's here, after nap time I see a trip to the playground!
A note.. I noticed after posting this that there was a spelling error in the sentiment. It should say "I stink you're sweet" not "I sink you're sweet!" Running around like a chicken with my head cut off because it was already in the mail, I was able to fix it before the mail lady came...PHEWW!
~Stephanie
Supplies;
Stamp-High Hopes
Paper- My Minds Eye
Card stock- SU'
sewing machine, cuttlebug, brads

22 comments:

Unknown said...

how cute, the card is nice.

Anonymous said...

The image is adorable! Thanks for the link to the challenge site. I definately book marked it.

Ali Watson said...

just shows you i never noticed the mistake until yousaid. What a fabulous card so adorable and beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining in the ABC challenge this week.

Angie Williams said...

Such a cute Valentine! Great job!

Catherine said...

I a sweet card I am glad you got it in the mail on time.

Sandy said...

Oh Steph ... this card is adorable!! Great job with both challenges.

UKMUMINUSA said...

Great card, love the fun image.

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a cute skunk, and adorable card! Thanks for playing the Throwdown! Hope to see you again next week!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

so cute!

thanks for joining us this week on ABC

Hugs Jane x

Christy said...

Glad you were able to get it changed, because it is such a sweet card.

dpkennedy said...

Stinkin' cute! Thanks so much for playing the CTD!

LeAnne said...

Well, brown or black, I think your little skunk is cute! Love how you used the CTD colors! Thanks for playing!

Kristin said...

this is super cute!

Victoria said...

fantastic card - thank you for joining us this week on abc

Jaspere said...

Chances are she never would have noticed. All she would have been thinking about is how cute it is.

Jacquel said...

This is darling Stephanie! love that image and your coloring is great...tfs!!!

Tracy said...

What a cute image and your card is so adorable

Broni said...

This is just an adorable card! Thanks for playing along with us!!

Kathryn said...

Super CUTE card -- love the sentiment and the image! ;)

Anonymous said...

daily dare? now doesn't that sound interesting?...not that i could ever do anything daily...too much life stuff to do that! Great card!

Barbara said...

How cute!!! Love the little skunk! Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you again next time.

Cathy said...

So cute - love that image.
Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge this week.
Cathy xx